Monday, January 21, 2008

PC gaming is impossible

I dont know whether the person who assembled the computer (one year old) conned my dad or not, but it really isn't up to my standards. I mean, heck, its even more lousy than the computer i bought three years ago in Melbourne. All the parts in the computer are like the cheapest available and i believe my dad had to pay premium price for it (lucky its company money) Its got the cheapest keyboard on the market, the slowest RAM, intergrated sound and graphics card and USB sockets in the front that doesnt even work. Dont be mistaken, I am very grateful to have a new computer but I would've hoped that my father consulted me before getting the computer because its almost like im changing every part inside of itwhereas it would be much cheaper if it was all in the new computer to start with. The more parts i add in the more harder it is for me to request a newer computer when this one gets outdated, which could be really soon.

Since last year, I've added a graphics card, 1gb of RAM, a new power supply unit, a DVD drive (old one broke) and a new cooling system. The only thing i havent touched is the motherboard and decent hard disk to keep up with current standards.

Having said that, even with all those i can't even run a 2 years++ game on this rig. Im sure it has something to do with the fact that the processor is not dual core, the RAM is still slow and not the highest end graphics card, but with all those money spent i expect to at least run an outdated game well. PC gaming really is impossible these days. Kinda sad really because i really want to experience next-gen games and i dont think my dad will ever approve me of getting a PS3 or xbox360. I probably could buy one with my gaji from the next few months, but i think i better save. Better not let greed take over. My cousin also promised to lend me his PSP for a while so i have more than enough gaming on my hands. Still, its not next-gen but i'll live with that for a while.

0 comments: